For the Friday Film Series:
1. Crude - on reserve in the Library or here
2. Switch - on reserve in the Library or here
3. Thin Ice - can be rented here: http://thiniceclimate.org/. Discuss what the film's main
point was and what you took away from the film.
4. Chasing Ice - is available on Netflix. Discuss what the film's main point was and what you took
away from the film.
5. Journey to the Center of the Planet (Part 1, Part II) - This film covers many of the things we talked about in class. Discuss what you learned or learned better from watching the films.
For Historical Geology or particularly interested Physical Geology students:
For each: discuss the main point of the film, relate what you learned in the film to the things we discussed in class. Indicated what you learned or understood better after watching the film.
1. Your Inner Fish
2. Your Inner Reptile
3. Your Inner Monkey
Houston Museum of Natural Science
Houston Gem and Mineral Society Show (fall semester only)
For the optional Field Trips:
1. Jesse Jones Park - The guided trip will be on April 21, 2017 at 9:30 am
packet for guided trip
packet for unguided trip
2. Galveston Island State Park (GISP) - this trip is unguided packet, exercise